Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Hobie 16 EPO Rudders - Sanded Edges

I sanded the edges with 100 grit sandpaper with a soft block. They came out pretty good!


There are a few nicks here and there that will need to be filled in.  That one bottom edge smoothed out OK as well.


I'm still not sure how many coats of epoxy resin I will need, I think there will be more than 3.  Maybe I can get away with three and a half, with that half going towards the edges to fix them all up.  You don't want too thick a final size, as you will have issues with them fitting in the rudder casting.  (nope, never had that problem!  :)

On a side note, I just submitted all the paperwork to title the Hobie 16 hulls,  I had to end it off to Austin, as per the Texas Parks and Wildlife department.  If all goes well, it'll cost about $100 to get a Bonded Title in my name.  I don't know why I don't part these things out, maybe I have an inner drive to build up the local H16 fleet?  The hulls need a bottom job and a fix to one gouged area, but otherwise they are completely solid.  I'm almost considering swapping these hulls with mine!  Hopefully I will hear back on the title in about a month, maybe more because of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment