Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Three Asides

Aside #1:  I got the paperwork back from the Texas Parks and Wildlife.  I had to fill out a few more forms, two of them over again to get them right.  Hopefully this will do it!

Aside #2:  While digging through the garage I found two spare H16 rudders.  They were badly scratched and stained but after a 80 grit followed by a 120 grit sanding, they look pretty good!  You can see this fifth pair in the background of one of the pictures in the previous post.  One of the rudders needs to be re-drilled to match the other which matches the other three sets, I'll take another picture when I have the template printed out.


There were holes already filled in and re-drilled, and there was a second hole as well in one of the rudders.  I filled in the extra hole, and the one that didn't match the other rudder, and penciled in where the hole needs to be drilled in between the two to match the other rudder.


Once I re-drill, I'll make a new set of rudders for the Hobie I am rebuilding, and sell the spare rudders I was using as a backup separately.

I can't believe that with the H16 EPO rudders I'll be restoring, this extra pair I found in the garage and all the castings, etc. I will have five complete H16 rudder assemblies for two boats...  I think I have a sickness or a disease.

Aside #3:  The rudders I am restoring may be drilled to be raked forward.  I have to check the template once I print it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment